Red lacquered suit-of-armourThis item has been sold
Price: € 11.500,00
Red lacquered suit-of-armour with a bucket shaped cuirass and dark blue cords (tetsu shūurushinuri okegawa nimaidō gusoku).
- A red eight-platesujikabuto-helmet with small fukigaeshi, very large gilded paper-maché kuwagata-antlers placed at the side of the helmet (wakidate kuwagata) and in front of the helmet a gilded wooden tachibana-citrus flower crest inside a water well (hiraizutsu ni tachibana mon).
- A red chin piece facial mask (sarubō) with a three-piece gorget.
- Six piece shoulder guards (sode).
- Japanese mail and some red vertical plates over light coloured brocade protect the arms.
- Two piece cuirass with horizontal laced plates (yokohagi okegawa nimaidō), at the back a hook for a flagpole (sashimono).
- From the cuirass hang six five-piece kusazuri .
- The large haidate that fall over the upper legs consists of nailed red karuta metal plates.
- The suneate that protect the lower legs have red vertical metal strips.
- In a suit-of-armour storebox (yoroibako).
- Azuchi Momoyama Period with some later restorations.
Shipping and handling included.