ōyoroi-style samurai suit-of-armour
Price: € 13.000,00
An important partly gilded ōyoroi-style suit-of-armour with orange cords (kin’urushinuri odoshi yoroi).
- A thirty-two piece sujibachikabuto-helmet with large fukikaeshi with a small diamond shaped crest (yotsuwaribishi mon) of warlord Takeda Shingen over decorative ‘smoked leather’ and large kuwagata-antlers.
- Four-piece large neck- guards (shikoro).
- A black facial mask with separate nose piece (resseibō) with a five piece gorget (nodowa).
- Seven-piece shoulder-guards with orange cords (sode).
- The arm-guards are completely covered with small gilded metal strips and Japanese mail over brocade (koshinokote).
- A two-piece bucket shaped gilded cuirass with horizontal metal strips laced with orange cords (kirizuke kozanedō) and at the back a large orange tassel.
- From the cuirass hang six five-piece kusazuri.
- The cuisses (haidate) have gilded metal strips (above) and squares (below) with Japanese mail over brocade.
- The greaves have gilded vertical metal strips and mail (shinosuneate).
- In a box for a suit-of-armour (yoroibako).
Shipping and handling not included.